Thursday 4 March 2010

FOCUS WEEK JAN 2010: NATIONAL THEATRE LANDSCAPE EXHIBITION AND DIGITAL TRAINING

The first part of focus week we attended a small exhibition at the National Theatre. It was a exhibition of photographs which were entered into a competition. The photography was nice and featured some amazing landscapes throughout Britain. There were some interesting pictures which took an usual look at a landscape, focusing on the details. I did notice that about 95% of the images used photoshop effects namely Curves.


photography by Alice Hankin

photo by Alice Hankin

Photo by Alice Hankin

The second part of focus week involved developing my digital skills. I launched myself into CAD and managed to create a basic plan with measurements. I also attempted to use CADs 3D modelling. This was tricky but I think with practice both will be useful.

Using some online tutorials on Utube I also worked on photoshop skills. In particular I had some fun playing with effects to alter faces. Here is an example of before and after of Helen Mirren...

The Cruel hand of time...


The magic of photoshop...

No comments: